rainy days & cioccolato





The weather in Firenze has been awfully moody this past week which means bad lighting for photographs, and ample excuse to spend the day boosting the Italian consumer economy and drinking hot chocolate...both of which I did. 
You see, shopping in Firenze is special.
I'm not a huge shopper. Give me markets and give me vintage shops, but the malls in America give me headaches and a fluorescent lighting sunburn.
But I love ducking in and out of the shops in Firenze.
You see, fashion thrives here. It's purposeful & deliberate. Each piece tells a story, and the window displays are put together with as much care as a curator arranges an exhibit.
From concept stores and individual boutiques to the major luxury brands, clothing is anything but thoughtless, and your portrayal of self is almost as highly regarded as what you say.
Even if you are just looking--shopping isn't merely to purchase but to observe the patterns of materialism and their transcendence into the everyday realities of people, and the influence it takes and gives in society.
So I spent Friday taking in the beautiful stores, and I happened to find these gorgeous Italian leather boots from a great boutique called Malloni. The beauts cost my rent..but lets not think about that part. 
Oh, and I've found heaven.
Heaven was hiding in a little Cioccolateria just past the library.
It's called Vestri and has hot chocolate shots that make you glad it's a rainy day.
My friend Coral is a bigger foodie than I am and showed us this gem after a delicious lunch of Crostoni at Quello.  


Best cheers ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment